Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th

Feasting and revelry. That's how we do it around here.
Thursday night, we headed downtown to catch some fireworks, which turned out to not be the city display, but were very nice and not as crowded. It's a win-win, if you ask me. We got a great spot.

Here's my crazy kids, all decked out:

Miss Liberty:

And a few fiery, sparkly things of our own:


Happy.

Finally, I find that I must print a retraction. Let's dispense with the unpleasantries right off, shall we? Those little hummingbirds, it has been pointed out by more than one person, are actually moths as we had originally expected. They are really cool sphinx moths, though. They eat just like hummingbirds and are one of the few critters that hover and drink with a straw. So. There you have it.
Hope you all had a celebration of Independence that suited you just right. I know I did. I spent lots of time in the kitchen which was much more soothing than I had expected it to be. I made messes and even cleaned them up. It was perfect.

DAILY BLISS: watermelon/strawberry/lime slushies

2 comments:

claibornes corner said...

the kids look so cute - that Miss Liberty! And you in that cowboy hat!!!!!

Amy Button said...

Sounds like fun! And how great to be close enough to walk there.