Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Five

On this day, I visited the trolley again. I took the longer ride and was with a group of preschoolers. We got to hear the story of Tilly the Trolley. It was fun anyway. I took a few more pictures of pretty things I saw around town. Some of them deserve a bit of editing to make them a bit more fresh looking, but I'm too lazy to even try to learn that right now.






I've always loved trolleys and trains. Trolleys are the best, though, because they're wide open. You can see and hear and feel just everything. And the breeze taught my flutter sleeves what they were made to do:

All the walking is wonderful, but it's taking a toll on my uninitiated feet.

So, I'm starting to tire out a bit, which doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen on vacation. Shouldn't it be a gradual un-tiring? I think it may have something to do with sharing sleeping quarters with this beast.

Consequently, I spent a little bit of time in the loft today trying to take a little nap.

But my eyes wouldn't stay shut.

They told me they were too busy taking in the view of those big windows above.

The young lad and I are feeling more confident, having mostly found our footing in this new and strange place. We hopped back on the subway and headed into town tonight for a little shopping at Harvard Square and a seafood dinner.
There were lots of cool shops. He loved Black Ink (and, well, I did too) and spent his birthday money on some pretty cool toys. I could have done all my Christmas shopping right there, honestly. They're associated with The Museum of Useful Things. It's definitely worth checking out. Their store is now closed, sadly, but the web store is better than ever!
I went to Lush for the first time ever! For a girl like me, that's quite a milestone. The girls were so nice there - they obviously love their work environment! I told them that I make most of my own stuff, and they all started to excitedly show me their favorite products and scents. One girl asked if I had a tub (so she could suggest a bath bomb when I said I wanted a "little" treat) and I told her indeed, I had a vintage clawfoot tub. She made sure that all the other girls in the store knew this fact about and they all made sighs of envy in my direction. It takes one to know one, I think. And that store was just full of girls that I seem to know in that way.
We went into Papyrus. I had to do this in Mindy's honor, because I know she would love that store if she could only see it. I don't know, Min, have you ever been? Kate Spade papers! Need I say more?
We moved along to have a nice seafood dinner, which is certaily a must in the northeast. They didn't have the crab legs I had come there for as the market prices are just to high to carry them right now, but they were having Crab Smashin' Wednesday! Woo Hoo! They brought me a newspaper and a hammer first. Then you know what? They dumped whole crabs on the table for me! It was super fun and a little gross, but now I can say I've done that. Oh - and they had blueberry pie that was safe for me to eat! What a yummy treat.

4 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I TOLD you to get some comfortable shoes!!!! Loveing the pics and I went to that website about "things" - love it. How is the weather??

60ish and Glad said...

Now Miss Beautiful Blue Eyes! I am srprised there is no photo of the blueberry pie!

Christy said...

Nana - it has been warm, but today and tomorrow should be really hot!! It'll be just like home :) Only, at home, we are prepared for the heat and everybody is well air-conditioned. Not so much here....
Mom, I tried. It was dark in there and I don't know what I'm doing yet with my camera.....couldn't get a good shot :(

frabjouspoet said...

I LOVE Lush. You know there is one at The Florida Mall, right?