Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Now That's a Knife!

Isn't that a line from Crocodile Dundee? Sheesh. Don't ask me why I remember that.
But this is not any ordinary knife. This is a knife that was handed to me at my birthday party by my daddy.

He sold it to his mom 30 years ago and he managed to bring it home this year. It's a piece of Chicago Cutlery, which means it's pretty nice, too. Now, Daddy, I know I'm not supposed to use it yet until I take care of oiling the handle, but I was making dinner tonight and could not resist it. It sat there on the counter and whimpered toward the peaches and I could not say no.
We had a fun dinner tonight. There was this peach confection on the front cover of the August Better Homes and Gardens and I was trying to decide what to make for supper and...well....I couldn't say no to it either. There's a lot of not saying no going around here today. Peaches and ice cream and little strips of sugared pastry? Um, yes please.
Skillet Peaches a la Mode and the new Coldplay album. Very nice for dinner on a rainy evening. I'm pretty much obsessed with Viva la Vida right now. There's this one cut, "42," that reminds me so much of "Imagine" that I'm quite sure I can't be the only one to have noticed....
So, with a smile on my face from yummy dinner and yummy songs, I headed for my porch and watched the rain fall for a while. The only way to improve on a night like this is to knit. And knit I will - very soon.

DAILY BLISS: soy ice cream that's really pretty good (especially if you haven't had real ice cream in a long time)

4 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

You must come and take digital photography at school. You are so talented...you would love the courses. The art ones too. i want to take Emma's painting to school with me....speaking of talent.

Christy said...

Thanks Mama. I want to.....some day. Maybe some day soon :)

claibornes corner said...

I saw that same recipe on my mag - and I thought - Christy could do that - nana does not do pastry!!!
What did Emman do at the art camp??

Amy Button said...

I have that mag too and but haven't tried the recipe. It looks divine. I've tried tofutti before and I really liked it- way more than I thought I would. Since you haven't had ice cream in *ages* it was probably heaven.