Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trip to Massachusetts - Day Three

Any day had to be better than the harrowing day we’d had previously. However, I had to hunt down my morning coffee in this little urban spot. That’s just what you do here, I guess. But sleeping in was very important to us, considering that this is the first day of Electric Jungle engineering camp, so, coffee could wait.
I was a smart girl this time and found directions back from the school and not just to the school. I got directions from my friend to a grocery store. And I found directions back from the grocery store. With all of these dang one-way streets, one must be ready for travel in both directions - to and from.
And we headed out. And made it through the mandatory first-day meeting and I left my baby there in that unfamiliar place with not one soul we knew for miles. I asked him if he was nervous (because I sure was) and he shrugged his shoulders and said, “Not really.”
Oh.

So, I left him and found some coffee. The day started looking up after that. I made it to the grocery store and back, with some lunch, some supper, some breakfast for tomorrow and only a little backtracking – there again, the streets are just not marked with their names! Augh!
Feeling a little more confident now, I headed back up to the apartment to unload my bags. What shall I do today? There are museums galore and a lovely little historic downtown at my feet. Even a yarn factory right in this very town! It’s so much to choose from. And yet, considering my yesterday, I mostly fired up my IPod and did some stretching and deep breathing.
And I laid around on those nice wooden floors, doing some of this

And a little bit of this.

And this

And this

And picked up Andrew from camp. Was it fun enough to make yesterday worthwhile? Oh yes. He was practically glowing. He had wired up a light bulb and made it turn on – all by himself. That glow? Little geek pride.
Did he want to wander around downtown tonight? Ha! He looked at me kinda funny when I asked him that. I said, you’re pretty tired, huh? We can go out on the town later. Today has been set aside just for recovery!
Amen.
So we stayed in and played with robots.

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Recovery is good. Is that blue thing a robot???

Mary said...

Sounds like a very good day. Looks like a very cool place to stay.