Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just An Observation

This is a cop-out post. I don't have anything interesting going on in my life right now, and no crafting has been successfully finished. So, I've not been creating much of anything and I realized that the content here has been sparse, even though pictures have been plentiful.
In light of all that, I thought I'd put something up here about the "revival" that's been going on in Lakeland. I've avoided saying much. I've even avoided going to the services. People in the traditional church are just now getting wind that something is going on, and people outside of the church at all have no idea this is going on, but people in the Pentecostal/Evangelical/Charismatic camps are flocking from all over the globe to these services. So, our out-of-town family has asked us questions because we live here in the apparent epicenter of revivaltown and the traditional church I work for has started to ask questions...and, well, because I was raised in Pentecostalism or whatever you call it, I figured I'd better have a few answers for them. I did lots of research and read lots of blog posts (some of them surprisingly vengeful and nasty) and watched lots of YouTube videos and, while I don't want to necessarily write a long post about all of this, because many others are certainly doing a fine job of that, I thought I'd share a video clip and an observation of mine for your ponderance. If you feel like it. It's a little long, but he kind of gets to the meat of it from around 2:48 to about minute 8. This is the story of his "impartation," if you will.



And now, a favorite quote of mine:
"I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, we climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies."
Styx, Come Sail Away

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Healing is not the main evidence of God's working. Amen

Amy Button said...

There have been lots of "revivals" in Lakeland over the years so I'm instantly skeptical of them any time I hear about one. I've read about this guy and read his account of things and about the people he's associated with and I'm going to pass on this one. I really hope that people don't get hurt.

mindy said...

oh my.....why are people so gullible?? i think this man has consumed one too many hallucinogenic brownies...