Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Few Photos

And that's really about it.
I finally got some batteries in my stupid camera. Don't know why it takes me so long. So, here's the progress on the Honeybee Stole:

And a closeup of my favorite section - see the honeycomb and the fat bumblebees?

Here's another section with tiny bees:

Of course, once this is finished, it will be blocked and will lay flat and the lace will be all opened up. It will also be lots wider and longer. Mostly, I'm proud that I've gotten this far. I'm definitely in way over my head here. I managed to fumble my way through unraveling the provisional cast-on (that means I started in the middle and finished one side, then had to pick up in the middle and knit the other side). And it's going to be a Royal Pain to block. Oh - for non-knitters, blocking is when you get the whole piece wet, spread it out and pin it down in the shape it should be, then let it dry. This only works with certain natural fibers. So anyway. It'll probably take a couple hundred pins. Ugh.
Enjoyed my girls' night out with Becky yesterday - that's always just what I needed, even when I didn't know I needed it.
What else is new with me?
Oh, not much. I've just been busy being a Very Dangerous Girl with Almost Black Hair:

I'm getting it cut next week...so please ignore the shag. Do you like it?


DAILY BLISS: clouds and rain from the edges of Gustav and apple cinnamon waffles for supper

5 comments:

Mary said...

It's all pretty, the bees, the hair...I've always liked dark hair. I've never been brave enough to actually color mine though.

I say brave...really it's because I have this thing about being natural. I love what is true. Sometimes color is what is true about someone though...doing nothing to your hair would be unnatural for you wouldn't it?

Christy said...

Very true. I would be so uncomfortable with all my gray hair out there for the world to enjoy (and there is a considerable amount)! And yeah - I never think of it as brave because it's the most natural thing in the world - for me :)

Amy Button said...

I'm so glad you pointed out the honeybees and honeycomb because I would have totally missed it. I love it and love that beautiful brown color.

I love your hair too. It's very flattering to your skin tone. I was a little nervous when you said it was black but this totally works for you.

claibornes corner said...

Love the dark hair but I also like you as a redhead - wonder why????

frabjouspoet said...

I love your hair, but then again, I have always loved dark hair. I am also still in love with your short cut. I've been really convincing myself that I need to grow out my own hair, but every time I look at one of your pictures, I want to chop it off. Oh, that wild, dangerous hair!