Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Great Stuff About Today

Sorry for another list-style post, guys. I'm really sleepy. But this has been an exceptionally nice day and I want to remember it.

1) Older(ish) guy outside Staples catches my eye, winks and says (and not in a gay sort of way), "That sure is a purty dress." Ah, the charms of the southern gentleman.
2) I left work early. Turns out, since I had to work Monday (my day off), I wasn't supposed to go in today at all. I went home and didn't tell anybody. Sat in silence. Knitted on that Honeybee Stole.
3) Finished the first half of the Honeybee Stole! More story will come with pictures when I get around to those dang camera batteries.
4) Colored my hair (pictures of that will happen eventually too) today. Just randomly. I saw an ad or something with a chick - you know the type: milky skin, black hair, red lips - and I thought, "Now that's who I want to be today." So I did it. Hubby was very surprised. And very pleased. Also, my kids both told me I looked tough. Emma was slack-jawed and told me I looked like I could kick anybody's butt. She is most pleased with the makeover.
5) Blackberry cake. I kinda made this up. Oh my. It's my go-to vegan cake (no eggs, no milk) poured over blackerries and sugar and butter (the butter kind of un-vegans it, I guess). And my goodness. It's good enough to make you smack your mama.
6) The phone rang while I was doing my silly hair. It seems that nasty old Hurricane is crampin' my Becky's style. She's headed this way. Weekend fun and zany antics will ensue - the two of us are going to find some trouble to get into. Last time we did that, we ended up with tattoos....
7) Knitting night. Small crowd, lots of laughs. My girls. Eating blackberry cake with (decaf) Earl Grey Tea. Excellent. More knitting on the Honeybee Stole.
8) Sitting here, recounting a day lived largely and blissfully.

3 comments:

Mary said...

That is a lovely day. There's not much better than a day lived well, yummy cake, accomplishments and the anticipation of good company.

claibornes corner said...

Hurry and post pictures of that Black hair!!! I did that once but I looked like Elvira!!

60ish and Glad said...

Your most important task of the year: Keep those Mondays sacred for yourself. If you trade Monday - then keep the traded day sacred for yourself... Somehow it makes you grow into MORE for the rest of the week.