Monday, August 25, 2008

Lonely

Okay. So. I'm lonely. I think that's my problem. Little to no adult interaction for over a week. Chris calls, but...I gotta be honest - he's not a talker and especially not over the phone.
I'm tired today too.
I put the kids to bed early and I plan to take a long bath. Yep. Just me and my phone. Cause I'm going to start dialing my friends and see who answers first. Then I'll attack them with all my neediness. I'm sure I'll feel better after that! But before I retire to bubbly-bubbly heaven, I must show you a few photos.
Mary got her giftie, the last of my pay-it-forward gifts, in the mail this weekend, so it's safe to show it to you. Sorry that it's pictures of me. I took them for my ravelry account (if you have one, my username is kikiknits) and the person that wrote the pattern hearted it! That means she put a heart by it and marked it as a favorite. Yay me!


I decided to call it the Mommy Moments wrap because I knitted it up in my stolen Mommy Moments for her to use during hers. You know the ones? They happen after the kids are in bed and you have time to watch a little TV or when everybody's still in bed and you have time to watch the sun rise or when the kids are happily playing and you can read a good book for a few minutes. I love the little pique edging and how the leaves ripple along the sides. Super-soft yarn too.


I'm also enjoying some new tunes tonight. How did I not know about The Avett Brothers before? It's not for everybody, but if you like a little sincerity with your beards and banjos, I think you'll like them too. I bought their latest, but plan to add their other stuff to my collection.

DAILY BLISS: Singing Weird Al songs in the car with my son. We ran across "I Love Rock and Roll" on the 80s station and he started belting out "I Love Rocky Road." Dang I love that kid.

4 comments:

Amy Button said...

I'm sorry you're lonely. Two weeks without the DH is a *long* time.

I love Mary's wrap! I'm sure she loves it and maybe- hopefully I'll get to see it in person. We live fairly close together and yet it's usually months and months before we get together. Kudos to you for knitting something so beautiful.

claibornes corner said...

You are just amazing - I love your knitting.....

60ish and Glad said...

Oh my! That is very very gorgeous! You are such a talented soul. My Grandma Karol would have been so proud of you....you would have loved her quiet little way and perfrection in all she did. She used to make an angel food cake with cherries and pecans with dripping cherry flavored icing. It was so good.

Mary said...

I love my Mommy Moments Wrap. It is indeed super soft and has a wonderfully secure hug despite it's dainty appearance. Thank you!

Owen still insists that it should be for Aron, and admittedly it looks adorable wrapped around him...he cannot have it though...I'm the mommy.