Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hello, Weekend

We had a mostly-at-home weekend this time, which was nice. I admit that I've been having a hard time focusing. Girls like me will know what I mean when I say I've been living with that hollowed-out-in-the-belly, dreaming kind of feeling and that makes it pretty hard to focus on the things I should be doing. Like dishes and feeding my children. I took me all day on Saturday to mow the lawn and vacuum and scrub all the floors. Well, I washed dishes too. And folded laundry. But I kept having to take breaks to knit a row or two and to get a little dancin' on with my iPod. If you don't get what I mean, don't worry about it. Everybody knows I'm a little eccentric anyway.
I also spent time on the porch watching Fay's squall lines come through. On Saturday, it was particularly nice to have a mockingbird to visit with. He sat right where he could see me and I whistled for him while he cocked his head at me. And then I decided to sing him a quiet, warbling rendition of "I'll Be Around." He seemed to like that too.
We've had a quiet Sunday as well. Emma was busy creating things with Legos and Andrew was busy building things with more-advanced Legos (Mindstorms) and I washed all the dishes from church this morning and cast on the first Christmas present that I plan to knit.
Only three more days till my man comes home. My honey. My friend. He texted me yesterday to remind me it'd been 15 years to the day since we decided to "go steady." I mean, I don't think we called it that or anything, but we made the commitment to date each other exclusively.
15. That's a nice number. And wildly long ago, if I stop to think about it. I do love that he remembers those sorts of things. Goodness knows that I don't. I usually don't even remember for sure which day our actual wedding anniversary is. But he does.
Oh - weird fact: it's been so humid here that my hair has decided it's curly. I'm talking ringlets, people. I like it, but I don't think it'll last.

DAILY BLISS: pulling off an in-a-rush batch of muffins at the last minute for church and dancing around the kitchen in the apron Mary made for me

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hooray for calm weekends. I'm glad I could contribute to your daily bliss.

I got something wonderful in the mail this weekend. Thank you!!!

Christy said...

Yay! I'm glad you got it! Now I can post pictures :)

Amy Button said...

That's a heck of a long to do list considering Chris is out of town. I can't imagine myself doing more than sitting in a comfy chair watching gilmore girls, or shopping or something else Amy related. Good for you.

Christy said...

You know....you're right Amy. I just re-read that list. I think that in my mind, somehow, I was supposed to finish it all by 11 AM and then take off and do something fun. I am seriously deluded. Almost always.