Saturday, August 16, 2008

Check

Haircuts? Check.
Dishes done? Check.
School supplies purchased? Check
House cleaned? Check (mostly).
Birthday party? Check.
Relapse of illness due to pushing it a little too hard? Check.

But, I'm almost ready. I looked back at last year's first-day-of-school posts and I think I'm doing a little bit better this year. If all goes well, I'll have time to start in on our little schedule for the year tomorrow. Remember the summer chart? This one should be easier than that - at least easier to organize...but not necessarily easier to accomplish.
I guess that, aside from feeling crappy (there's definitely something going on with either a tonsil or the inner ear - you know how sometimes it just hurts there and you're not quite sure what it is?), I'm feeling pretty good about starting out the school year. I think I have it together in that department.
And once school starts, I'm really looking forward to my Mondays. I'm going to try and extend my Mondays off and make them a regular part of my schedule. That largely depends on being able to make up my hours at other times, but I think a whole day to myself will be really helpful. Especially in the "making stuff" department. My head is so full of Christmas gifts and birthday gifts and things that I just want to make that I feel like I could burst! I know y'all know what I mean, girls. You get that ball rolling and start looking for ideas and patterns and just-the-thing for everybody on your list and before you know it, you have way too many. More than you will ever be able to finish. I'm pretty sure at least somebody would be getting a gift-wrapped box of yarn or fabric and a promise for Christmas, were it not for Mondays Off.
I have just one more thing to check off my list tonight, though. I need to finish up a little crafting satisfaction that I started on today. I promise to share tomorrow. But I need to get to bed, and there's no way I'll be able to sleep until this one's done.

DAILY BLISS: I met Boogie the Beagle today (I hope I spelled that right) - he's the happiest dog I think I've ever seen. Made me happy through and through!

No comments: