Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm Still Breathing

But I'm breathing through my mouth, mostly. That "little" virus hit me hard. Each day I keep thinking, "OK. This is the worst of it. Tomorrow I'll be better." And each day I'm wrong.
But so much life is passing me by without me writing it down to look at later (cause that's why I do this, really). We had the Cheater version of Blackout Night this week. There were candles, yes, and a no-cook supper. But the Olympics are on and...well....it's an exception that won't often occur. We watched TV. I'm all about the flexibility, folks.
We are meeting Emma's teacher tonight (I'm going to try really hard not to get any snot on her, but it's going to be difficult, considering the rate at which the stuff is leaking out of me) and Drew has orientation tomorrow night. I hope after that, I'll be able to sit down and make some kind of schedule for us so I don't get as lost and frantic as I did last year.
But I'll be on my own. Hubby is going out of town for two weeks for his company's annual dealer show. He did it last year too, but I seemed to have been unable to grasp the concept of "annual." It was a very sad shock to me to realize that I'd be handling the first day of school, nay, the first weeks of school, on my own. Sure hope the sneezing is under control by then. It could be embarassing. For my kids.
We had lots of fun this past weekend. That was before I was sick. Chris and I took in a show - a friend of mine is in a funk band and they played House of Blues in Orlando. As happenstance would have it (that sounds awkward. sorry.), I'd gotten a gift card for a restaurant from my boss, so we made a night of it and sent the kids to my mom's. Excellent.
I woke up on Sunday with a throat-of-fire, but soldiered through. I had been called on to help out a local church for worship, as all their leadership was on a retreat. I got to play keys and sing with some of the kids that, well, were kids when we were members there, but aren't kids anymore. And you know what? They play a whole lot better than they used to! I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have sung, but it was fun anyway.
And....
And....
And that's it. I came home early from work today and I'm just trying to empty out my head so I can nap. We'll see. I'm not a very good napper.

DAILY BLISS: hot and sour soup and an afternoon bath

3 comments:

claibornes corner said...

I hate summer colds - so far so good here - hope you are all better really soon. School starting already - Wow

Mary said...

I'm so sorry you feel so yucky. Hope it's clearing up for you.

Amy Button said...

Ooh, a cold and two weeks of school and working by yourself...yuck! I hope you feel better soon.