Sunday, April 15, 2007

Drumroll Please.....

I cleaned my house today.
(pause for gasps and applause)
To many of you, this is a very ordinary, commonplace occurrence. Not so in my world. Not that I live in filth, mind you. My long-suffering husband sees to that. I just don't like to clean and am always able to come up with something on my list that is of a higher priority than scrubbing something. Many people do not know how dirty my house is, because it is usually pretty neat and tidy.
That does not mean that it is clean.
So anyway, I took out the vacuum and it just snowballed. One thing led to another and soon, my children were complaining about cleaning their rooms and I found a sizeable dust bunny lodged behind my ear.
This evening, then, after attending a wine-tasting party (unfortunately, I like all of the samples they poured, which meant I was the only one in the room that didn't dump out some of my wine), I came home to a CLEAN HOUSE and enjoyed it immensely.
That doesn't mean that I'll make a habit of it, though.

DAILY BLISS: Picking out a gift for a friend's new baby - with Chris and the kids. Chris was enamored of the quacking bath duckie!

<3 Christy

5 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

I'm impressed. I tend to be the same way with housework. (But I actually vacuumed and scrubbed the tub yesterday myself!)

Christy said...

Must've been something in the air!

Joe said...

I always leave wine tasting parties with purple teeth.

mindy said...

I must say that there are few things quite as satisfying as coming home to a clean house...bravo! :-)

*side note*....I believe that the Grapevine in Lake Miriam Plaza carries that blueberry wine you were telling me about. Just thought you might like to know!

Christy said...

OOOO- I'm really excited about the blueberry wine being in town! Although, I had a weird allergic reaction to it - turned all red in the face and stuff. I don't know....but I bet that'd give me purple teeth! Since I drank it by myself last time (!), I don't know if it had that effect or not.