Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Good Man

I must be pitiful. I struggled through the Sudafed fog to make a grocery list, as we have been on vacation and have no food in the house. My husband said I should stay home. Then I cried at him. Mostly because I don't feel good, but partly because his birthday is tomorrow and I don't even have a card for him. I was thinking I'd make a grocery run and pick up at least a card. Anyway, he convinced me that, card or not, I had no business being in public in my condition. I wiped the snot off my lip and acknowledged that he was probably right. He took my list and off he went. When he came home, he had surprises for me.
The sticker on the flowers said they were "Funshine Yellow." How great is that? Plus, he brought me coffee. Sigh. What a good man.

<3 Christy

3 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

Awww...that was so sweet of him! I love when they do things like that. Hope you feel better soon.

Joe said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, but it looks like you have good support in place. Feel better!

Christy said...

Thank you, friends!