Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tears and Teeth

I have been suffering the terrible malady of Self Pity since I had my feelin's hurt a couple days ago. It's not worth the time to go into it seriously, but I guess I put that here so that I project an accurate picture of my life. I don't want anybody thinking it's all wine tasting parties and perfect children. So, I was tough for a couple days and then I cried a lot today. Sigh. It was rainy today, too, so that helped me to wallow a little bit.
But the wind kicked up and scared away the clouds, I went to a baby shower and was reminded that life goes on. Not everybody will like me all the time. Although I don't see why not. I'm perfectly nice.
Anyway, Emma's second loose tooth has just been barely hanging on lately. I told her tonight that it had become a safety hazard. It could have fallen out at any time during the night and choked her. Her eyes got very big at this last part. She really did not want ME to pull it out, though. She trembled and sobbed and turned away from me. So, I told her that she would have to do it, or I would.
She did it.
She actually pulled out her own tooth!
I am a little surprised that my six-year-old was brave enough to accomplish a bloody feat such as this without the aid of her trusty mommy. Maybe I'm just a little sad that she didn't think I was trusty enough to do the job.
Maybe I'm just a little too sensitive today.

DAILY BLISS: Spending some time at the top of the play set in our back yard - by myself.

<3 Christy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh Christy, I am sorry you had tough day! You are an awsome friend! Thank you for sharing your heart! I love your blog!

Denise aka Dede

mindy said...

I have to admit that when I first saw the title of this blog I wasn't sure what to expect! But after reading through it, I was relieved to discover no wailing and gnashing of teeth. ;) That being said, I am very sorry to hear that you had such a bad day...but please know, beautiful Christy, that even when you don't feel liked, you are always loved.

And as for brave Miss Emma, please let her know how proud her Aunt Mindy is of her...that girl never ceases to amaze me! Love you, Christy...

Christy said...

Awww, Min, you made me cry again. Thanks for making me feel better guys :) I'm so glad you finally left me a comment, Dede!
It's so cool to know I can just be whoever I am in the moment and still be loved and supported.

Joe said...

Whoa, she is brave. I tied a string around my tooth once and slammed the door. It worked, but it was a little less direct than wrenching the thing out with her bare hands.

frabjouspoet said...

Em is braver than I was at her age. I held on to those teeth until they were so sick of my mouth they left on their own! And I cannot imagine anyone not liking you!