Friday, April 27, 2007

I Am A Dork

In pursuit of my daily piece of humble pie, here's a sampling of today's reasons why:
1) I ran straight into a bush today (yes - in front of lots of people)
2) I proudly drove my mom's truck again today, completely forgetting about the vanity plate
3) I was way too excited to have lunch at Arby's - I don't know why
4) I realized I can listen to "The Joker" (Steve Miller Band) at least four times in a row and not be tired of it. I have not yet tested the limits on this one. I plan to very soon.
Daughter and Husband took a field trip to the zoo today. I have gotten a detailed report of the day's events, but bits of it are still being processed by the little one and come trickling out of her mouth at random. My favorite one so far? Across the dinner table, she asked/declared, " You know what they fed the panthers? It was really gross! Frozen blood." The words "frozen blood" were spoken in serious, meaningful tones with all honor due to such wonderfully dark things. Essentially, a blood popsicle? I asked. Yes, came the answer.
Then I really wondered about this: who says, "We need to save this!" when they are looking at blood. "This would be a great treat for the panthers if we put it into a popsicle mold!"
Really, that thought is today's reason number 5 that I am a dork. But I'm cool with that. I have a soft spot for dorks and nerds. I am also particularly fond of geeks.

DAILY BLISS: All kinds of wonderful fragrance oils came in the mail today! I am going to have a lot of fun with this project! Payday and dinner out are also blissful!

<3 Christy

1 comment:

mindy said...

Hmmm...I'm not so sure you should be excited about eating at Arby's in the future (specifically, the one on S. Florida Ave). Our Terminix guy told us never to go there....yeah, I'll just leave it at that.