Monday, April 16, 2007

HumDrum

The most exciting thing that happened to me today was that I had to call the plumber twice while I was at work. That's not much excitement, granted, but it's something. We have a GED program that meets at the church. Those kids are pretty rough on toilets. Honestly - once our custodian found a pair of jeans clogging the toilet in the ladies' room. I don't really want to know how/why that happened.
It was a rushing afternoon and I was really glad I had yummy barbecue in the crock pot. We had to dash out the door as soon as I got the kids to choke it down. Drew is pretty good about eating whatever, especially if there is Easter candy tossed in as a bargaining tool. Emma, however, is slower than cold molasses even if she likes what is on her plate. It was excrutiatingly slow tonight.
We went to a seminar thingy put on by an FBI agent on internet safety for kids. S*@#! That's scary. We, of course, don't let our kids have internet access in their bedrooms, and really don't let them do anything online that could be construed as chatting or a "community." For now. I'm sure when they are older this will be much more of a concern. But anyway, my eyes are kind of stuck in a very wide-open, saucer-sized stare and I am terrified about having teenagers and tweenagers.
BTW, thank you to my friends from yesterday's post. I am feeling better today - especially after all of the nice things you said to me. It's nice to know that I can whine a little bit sometimes and still be liked!

DAILY BLISS: Listening to "Bolero" with Emma in the car. I enjoyed conversing with her about the music. I think she got it. I love the end of it every time! Oh - and also, Jack Bauer.

<3 Christy

4 comments:

Joe said...

Yay, BBQ! I "busted out" the BBQ grill for the first time this week and made a nice "beer butt chicken," complete with hickory smoke. I can't wait until I can grill without wearing a jacket!

Christy said...

Ha! I've always wanted to make one of those chickens! I hear it's simply the best way to cook a chicken. While your grilling season is just getting underway, ours is arguably coming to an end. Somewhere around the middle of May, it's just too hot to be anywhere near an open flame. Which sucks because the hubby got a new grill for his birthday. We are using it a lot while we still can!!

Angie said...

I think I say the flyer for that seminar. It is hard to believe you are already thinking about the tween years. I like the way you write about things~ very colorfuland always interesting!!! Jeans in the toilet? Now that's a new one!

Christy said...

Thank you for the nice words and the props on the photos of my kids! It's so nice to hear from you! I don't know why things like jeans in the toilet walk into my life.....they just do. I have a suspicion, though, that those things exist in other peoples' lives, but they just don't notice.