Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rainy Day

Today was such a gorgeously rainy day! It's been a while since we've seen some precipitation around here, and when it finally did come, it smelled and sounded sooooo good! My baby shrubs really were happy about the whole affair.
But that's not such good news for the Sun 'N Fun Fly-in that they have every year at the local airport, I guess. I only mention that because I always get a good smile out of the fly-in. It originated in OshKosh, Wisconsin, which is where I was born. As a matter of fact, my first real word was "airplane" due to the frequency of sightings around the time I learned to speak. So, it's my annual reminder that this really is a small world after all.
The Dear Husband is out of town this week. Andrew had his monthly night out with Grandma and Grampy. Emma and I were stuck alone in the house on a rainy evening. We made the best of it, though. We watched My Fair Lady and ate poached eggs and honey toast for supper. Then topped it off with Easter candy. Total girl night!
I suppose that's most of my day, summed up in three sadly short paragraphs. I guess we can't always have excitement and adventure.

DAILY BLISS: My theme song on the radio and the whole, king-sized bed to myself. Not that I want it to stay that way, it's just nice sometimes.

<3 Christy

4 comments:

Joe said...

Rain sounds great! We have had snow today here in Chicago, and lots of it. Sheesh. This never happened when I lived in Florida. ;-)

Christy said...

Yeah, I've been calling my northern friends and teasing them about our fantastic weather. Haha!! That's what you get.

mindy said...

My Fair Lady, poached eggs, and honey toast?....That sounds loverly, wish I could've been there *sigh*. ;)

Christy said...

Hee Hee! "Loverly" - you're a funny lady, Min!