Friday, April 6, 2007

Forver Six

I had lots of things I thought about posting today. I am still feeling a little off and thinking about going to the doctor if I'm not better by Monday. I noticed while I was listening to the radio in my car that it sounded like I had a plastic fish bowl on my head. Er....not that I've ever done that. Recently. In the bathtub. Playing with a rubber duckie.
Just kidding.
Anyway, lots of things, but one has overshadowed the rest and is worthy of its own post. My aunt and uncle came into town to celebrate Easter with us. When I got to my mom's house to greet them, I sat down. Pretty quickly, I noticed something different hanging on the wall. Much to my surprise, it was a painting of my daughter that my aunt had done! This was derived from a photo of her sixth birthday - the one where all the little girls dressed up like fairies and we rented ponies for them to ride in the back yard. The title of the painting is Forever Six. So, I don't need any more words - just look at how beautiful and special this is:


DAILY BLISS: Finding Beatrix Potter tea cups for the kids' Easter baskets. Benjamin Bunny for Drew and Mrs. Tiggy Winkle for Emma. I really like to say Mrs. Tiggy Winkle.

<3 Christy

3 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

LOVE the painting. It was the first thing I saw and wondered where on earth you found a painting of a little girl who looked like Emma! Then I read your blog. It's gorgeous.

Joe said...

Whoa, that's a cool surprise! I can't draw a stick figure without the aid of the Adobe corporation, so I really appreciate people who can paint. Does it live with you now, or with your mom?

Christy said...

It lives with me! It was hanging on her wall because they wanted to see how long it would take me to find it. 30 seconds was my clocked time.
I was surprised too at how much it looks like Emma! I will never understand how you can take something so impressionistic and make it look so precisely like someone.....that's proably why I can't paint.