Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Refreshing

Today brought a refreshing change of routine for me. I woke up mad because my sewing machine broke. I was going to make a new nightie to lift my spirits a little bit, and something has gone wrong with the bobbin mechanism. Oh well. I decided that it was NOT going to be a bad day.
So, I slept for 20 extra minutes on the sofa instead of doing yoga this morning. And instead of going to work right away, I had coffee with my mom, had an appointment concerning financial arrangements for next year at the kids' school, drove around a little bit, and then watched The Boy compete in a Sunshine State Readers Jeopardy game. It was really cute, and his team came in first place!
So, off to work. Guess what? It's Administrative Professionals Day (I'm not ashamed to be called a secretary, but I guess it's not apropo anymore)! I had roses and free lunch from my boss (The Pastor) and the sweetest card from my second boss (The Director of Christian Education - a.k.a., Julianna) with GIFT CARDS! in it. Yay! ITunes, no less! I maybe cried a little bit in my car when I left - you know, in a happy way. So, I am appreciated as a secretary today and I only had to work three hours of the day to prove it. That's good.
Then, it was time to get the kids, and I was almost late. But Andrew got to go feed some newborn puppies with my mom while I took Emma to ballet, which made him very happy, as he detests tagging along to ballet. And then Emma didn't want to go to ballet, because she is "sick." This means that she has the sniffles and an exaggerated cough. Since this week is the monthly stretch class, I promised her that I would stretch with her if she would go. What a bargain! I spent the afternoon doing stretches with tiny ballerinas (the teacher was very impressed with my flexibility)! How often can a grown-up say that (without getting arrested)?
All in all, as I said, a refreshing change. Now, I'm off to make a big pot of chili.

DAILY BLISS: new magazines in the mail and a giant cup of restaurant coffee to start off the day.

<3 Christy

2 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

Restaurant coffee is the best! My students and I were discussing today about how even in the middle of tragedy and "sucky" stretches of life, we can still find joy somewhere in there. I think I may make them start writing daily blisses.

mindy said...

new magazines in the mail + a good cup of coffee = more excitement than i can handle!! girl, you know how i am about my magazines.... ;)