Thursday, April 19, 2007

Going a Little Crazy

Well, I am officially exhausted. I still haven't kicked that yuck that I caught on the airplane a couple weeks ago. I have the everyday busy stuff that seems to take up just enough of my time to allow me the minimum of sleep. And, you know, still a little upset about somebody not liking me.
But I have something else, too. I haven't admitted it here, yet. I have always wanted to start up some kind of creative business. I have a friend who has now forced me (in the very best way) to do it.
My partner in ministry and crime, Becky, has asked me to create a line of spa products for a new retreat she has designed (she does women's conferences and retreats - for those of you who didn't know) for pastors' wives in New Orleans. She knew I'd always wanted to do something like that. She also knows about the affair I'm having with my bathtub. So, Isaidyes. There. now it's out in the open. Sorry - I had to type that fast so that I didn't change my mind. Becky outed me on the radio this week and on our blog today. So, I figured it was only right that I start admitting to this publicly.
So I have been doing so much research and smelling so many oils and stuff. It's taking up all of my brain now. Not that I don't enjoy it. As a matter of fact, I'd rather quit everything else I'm doing right now and just make bath stuff. But alas, life does not offer such things to downtown-bungalow-dwelling-married-mothers-of-two. Anyway, I'm not launching some huge business with a website tie-in and a store. Just having a little fun and seeing where it goes. Okay - following my heart and having TONS of fun. Hence, the bathtub photos of the kids (labels). I'll post pictures once I actually have something made and packaged!
Anyway, current excitement in our house revolves around the fact that the snails and worms that Emma brought home a few weeks ago are growing and possible have laid eggs. Swell.

DAILY BLISS: I saw a mamma cow and her baby curled up in the grass. She was licking its head. So sweet! I also am happy about artichokes and the fact that my kids like to eat them as much as I do.

<3 Christy

6 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Grrrl... you CRACK ME UP!! I still haven't used my milk bath. I'm saving it for the appropriate evening... which just may be tonight. I'll letcha know.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

mmmm...Artichokes! Beautiful in a bowl and deliciouse in the mouth! They are a wonderful multi-tasker! :)

Joe said...

I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur, too, but I don't have the guts to try it. Best of luck! Put me down for 10 fizzy bath balls or something when you go national. They're... uh... for my wife.

Christy said...

Well, it hardly takes guts to make a couple hundred items that you've already sold :) But if it goes anywhere, I'll hook you..r.. wife up!