Tuesday, June 9, 2009

List

My head's been a little muddled for these past couple of weeks. It's not a headache, just a furry sort of feeling in the brain that renders me unable to concentrate or do anything meaningful. I've been having trouble making even the simplest of decisions. I'll be ready to start in on a project and then remember two or three others that need rather immediate attention and I just freeze up. I can't prioritize, so I can't accomplish, y'know?
I have long since lost my Paper Brain - the notebook where I empty out the lists and ideas that fill my head every day. And I decided today it was high time that I made a Good, Old-Fashioned List - a list of things I want and need to do this summer and into early fall. It seemed like there were three or four projects and chores in my head and those were the ones that were really fighting for attention. Boy was I wrong!


Within seventy-five seconds, I'd filled this notebook page entirely, plus a bit on the back!


Looks ominous, huh?


Actually, I feel a lot better now that I can see it all. When that page filled up so fast, I kind of stopped and thought, "Huh. Well. That explains it." And I was pretty relieved that that was it. So relieved, in fact, that I tackled Item Number One on the list. My Perfect Nightie.
It's done!
It's evening, so the photo-taking light was less than ideal, but you can see the main idea, right? Sky blue, sheer cotton with pretty, pretty pleats.

Oh, and lovely lace too! It's so newly-finished that you can still see the holes from my basting stitches over the pleats and even the disappearing fabric marker that I used to mark strap placement.

I used the pattern that I linked to yesterday, the Spring Ruffle Top. Only, I made it super-long, of course, I eliminated the sleeve ruffle (after much deliberation) and I cut the strap size in half (I was going to put lace on the straps, so I made them thin, but changed my mind later and left them plain). I had thought about putting a fat ruffle on the bottom, but I liked the simplicity of it so much this time around, I just hemmed it straight. Maybe next time there will be a ruffle. I'm quite sure there will be a next time.
Simple and so pretty!

Daily Bliss: sleeping in just a bit
Wake-Up Playlist: Ummm, I think it was David Crowder Band, Remedy

3 comments:

Amy Button said...

Wow, what a list! Love the nightie, it is completely perfect.

claibornes corner said...

OOh, you will sleep so good in that beautiful nightie! And I still have handwritten lists around here somewhere! I tend to do my on index cards now - one day at a time!!

Mary said...

I love that your original paper brain got lost. That just wraps up life in a neat little hard to find nut shell doesn't it? Sometimes it's best to start over anyway.

And I know exactly what you mean about shedding the furry stuff on to paper and finding the long lost ability to see life clearly again. I'm so with you sometimes.

The nightie is an elegant way to shorten that new list. You did a fabulous job. It's beautiful. I hope you enjoy wearing it.